The Center for Economic Initiatives (Cincinnati, USA) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the USAID grant for implementation of the program of five study tours to the USA for representatives of the Kharkiv oblast companies.
During each of the three-weeks’ study tours the selected representatives of the Kharkiv oblast companies will visit at least 15 U.S. firms and organizations operating in the same field.
Each of the study tours will involve 15 participants representing companies active in the following sectors:
– from April 3, 2000 – Bakery – from May 15, 2000 – Meat & Dairy – from July 3, 2000 – Food and Agricultural Processing Equipment Manufacturing – from August 14, 2000 – Construction – from October 2, 2000 – Fruit & Vegetables Processing
Representatives of the companies, with the share of state ownership not more than 30%, are eligible to participate in the Study Tour Program. One company can provide one or two participants for the selection process; equal involvement of men and women is preferable.
The program does not establish any age limitations for the participants; the latter are not required to have any command of English as the study tour groups will be accompanied by two interpreters.
Selection of the study tour participants will be based on integral evaluation including the following elements:
- Evaluation of the general level of the company provided by the International Executive Service Corps experts who will visit the companies;
- Evaluation of the brochure describing the company and its products;
- Evaluation of the company’s marketing plan or business plan representing the company’s development program;
- Evaluation of the individual characteristics of the prospective study tour participants based on the resumes they submit;
- Evaluation of the prospective study tour participants based on their interview by the study tour organizers.
The individual candidates will be required to participate in the selection seminar held on February 8-10, 2000 for Bakery and Meat & Dairy companies and on May 23-25, 2000 for Construction, Fruit & Vegetables Processing companies and manufacturers of Food and Agricultural Processing Equipment.
Please express your intention to participate in the Program before December 15, 1999 at the following address:
Regional Business Assistance Center, 16 Lenina Prospekt, Kharkiv 61166, Ukraine
For inquiries please call: 572-40-91-33, 40-93-66, 40-94-15