Register With CEI
Before you register please review our Frequently Asked Questions and use the following as a guide for registering.
How do you qualify?
- Are you an energetic and enthusiastic person with a minimum of 10 years experience in your field?
- Are you actively employed? If not, have you been retired for less than 3 years?
- Are you highly motivated?
- Do you have the ability to transfer your know-how and train others?
- Do you have a spirit of adventure and a strong desire to help people in businesses and organizations overseas?
- Are you flexible, patient, understanding and respectful of others? Do you possess a sense of humor?
Starting January 2004, CEI is beginning to accept new registrants only on a very selective basis. During this period, only applicants with significant experience in one of the following fields or industries can expect to be included:
- Agricultural production
- Meat processing
- Dairy production
- Infrastructure development
- Information Technology
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: It is essential to have an active email address and very important to attach an electronic copy of your resume to your registration. Make sure that your registration information is current. Please go to “Register with CEI” and then to “Update Your File” on the CEIWorld website.
Please contact [email protected] if you have questions.
Register as a CEI Volunteer
Volunteers conduct most of our technical and managerial assistance projects. Volunteers who successfully complete assignments derive enormous satisfaction from helping businesses and organizations in developing economies improve their operations and compete more effectively in their markets.
Register as a Tour Director
Although there is an occasional need for Tour Directors, the total number of projects completed each year by Tour Directors is relatively small. Registering as a Tour Director may thus diminish your chances of being selected for a project. If you are also willing to consider an assignment on an unpaid, volunteer basis, please make sure to check the appropriate box under “Other Information” on the application form.
Your registration does not guarantee that you will be contacted for a project. That decision ultimately depends on the specific grants and requests for assistance that CEI receives.